Welcome to Binca Japanese Design blog. I will update my works , share images and info of Japan and some kimono photos

28 August 2011

Japanese Cultural day at Mt. Coot-tha

 Tea ceremony performance

Flower arrangement
 

We went to Mt. Coot-tha today with our friends to experience Japanese culture.
I wanted to see Urasenke style tea ceremony; I was curious how different Urasenke style is from Edo senke style which I am currently learning.  We also wanted to try freshly pounded mochi.

As the weather turned out to be very nice, the event was popular with many people.
I enjoyed observing each movements of tea ceremony. The basic is more or less same but how they handle fukusa or chashaku is different.

We had a chance to eat some very fresh and tasty mochi. I haven't had such fresh mochi for a long time.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...