Welcome to Binca Japanese Design blog. I will update my works , share images and info of Japan and some kimono photos

26 January 2012

Hokusai Ukiyoe exhibition @ Museum Eki Kyoto (JR Kyoto Isetan)



I went to an amazing "Hokusai" ukiyoe exhibition last week held at museum Eki Kyoto in JR Kyoto Isetan.
This exhibition celebrate the 250th anniversary of Hosai's birth, showing over 150 Hokusai's ukiyoe prints featuring Mt. Fuji. It's rare exhibition only focouses on Hokusai's Mt. Fuji prints.

I thought I have already seen quite a few ukiyoe paintings, but most paintings were new to me. It was really amazing to see his unique and diverse ways to draw Mt. Fuji. The one at JR Kyoto Isetan has already finished but there will be a different Hokusai ukiyoe exhibition at The Museum of Kyoto from 1st Feb.to 25th Mar. 2012.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...