Welcome to Binca Japanese Design blog. I will update my works , share images and info of Japan and some kimono photos

28 January 2012

Natural plant dyeing lecture presented by Tezomeya


 Collaboration T-shirt with Salvia
Sairinkan at Muromachi Nijo, Kyoto where the lecture was held

I went to listen to the lecture on natural plant dyeing organized by Kyoto Karasuma University.

Tezomeya, based in Kyoto, produces beautiful clothing and accessories using natural plant dyes. Mr. Aoki, an artist/owner of the shop talked about the process of natural dyeing, plants he uses, the reason he started his business, how he attracted by natural dyeing and more. It was a really interesting talk. I was fascinated by the nuanced colour products he makes. I do love to try natural dying myself one day as a hobby.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...