Welcome to Binca Japanese Design blog. I will update my works , share images and info of Japan and some kimono photos

15 January 2012

Nishi Honganji, Kyoto



Amidado gate

Inside Amidado


Karamon



I just happened to know that parts of Nishi Honganji (Shoin, Hiunkaku, Kyodo),which usually closed, were open to public (free of charge) during the memorial service for Shinran Shoin. Taking photos of those buildings were not allowed, so no photos to show you, but the interior of Shoin building was one of the most exquisite things I have ever seen. Here are some links of the rooms: Taimenjo, Kari no ma, Kiku no ma, Shiro shoin

The photos I uploaded here are the ones of Amidado and Karamon.
Karamon was truly amazing. I stayed in front of the gate for a long time to see all the details.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...